show us some love and click on this pointless ad!

Friday, January 12, 2007

to sum up today

I went to help Jamie who ran out of gas, only to have the nozzle of the plastic gas container snap off in her gas intake, which I was subsequently unable to remove after an hour and a half of trying, and which cost her $45 dollars to get fixed at Firestone.

Sylvia created a pattern for our measuring schematic, which will likely increase our productivity by 60 %.

We got an amazing deal on an old Mac G3 from Slug Magazine (thanks Angela), which will enable Sylvia to start running Redemption Department, to have myspace interns, and makes our company feel somehow more legitimate.

I found out that I got scewed on the 512 mb compact flash card I recently bought from Wal-Mart for $30 after I saw a 2 gb card at Staples for $40.

While printing shipping labels, our 2 year old laser printer decided to eat a shipping label and then started making marks on everything, thus rendering it effectively useless. I took it apart and examined it like I had some sort of purpose, but it did absolutely nothing.

I decided to cruise around with my daughter Mira and look at new laser printers, we went around to compusa, best buy, office max, and staples. I wanted to get a good deal on a laser printer.

I purchased a laser printer from best buy for about $130, only to find out 20 minutes later that before Christmas, the very same printer was for sale for $70.

While my imac immediately recognized the new laser printer, it wouldn't print anything. After over an hour of searching on the internet for some sort of solution, I found the fix in the form of an alternate driver that was on the cd that came with the printer.

Other than that, I pretty much got nothing done today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

It seems you often have trouble with printers. Cast your mind back to your grad student office...

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home